Healthy Period Craving Recipe
When a girl has PMS, or Premenstrual Syndrome, she craves chocolates, chips, sweets, anything sweet, and basically everything. This is the time of the month when you may eat everything you want because it’s your period. But most of the food we crave isn’t always healthy and there are a lot of women who would want to protect their diet for various reasons even if they are craving during that time of the month! There is no reason to stop yourself from eating good food if you are craving, we have prepared some recipes for you!
Yes, your favorite avo toast snack is on this list! Avocado enhances the flavor of almost anything and that includes your bland toast! It is also high in magnesium, iron and potassium that makes this snack beneficial to you when you have your period. Magnesium can help aid mood swings, tension and emotional burnout that most women experience during their period. Then if you experience shedding a lot of blood, the iron element in avocado can help you with iron deficiency. On top of it ( no pun intended ), you can put poached egg for added texture, protein and vitamin D! Vitamin D aids in the absorption of calcium whis is very important for PMS relief.
- 1 avocado, thin sliced
- 2 small slices bread ( wheat bread or any healthy alternative to the regular one)
- ½ lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1 egg
Overnight Oats ( Cinnamon Dark Chocolate Chips )
Of course chocolate is included in this list! Yes and this recipe is also healthy for you! But we will be using dark chocolate for this. Dark chocolate has a Magnesium component. Magnesium is abundant in dark chocolate, with 50 mg per 1-oz consumption. It has also been shown to give relief to PMS symptoms, including mood swings and stress, which may be more likely if you have nutrition deficiency. Magnesium can also help to reduce sugar cravings and relieve headaches. Another beneficial ingredient in this recipe is cinnamon, chia seeds and greek yogurt. Cinnamon is said to help reduce pain, nausea and vomiting that may be caused by period cramps. Chia seed has omega-3 fatty acid that helps with pain and yogurt which has probiotics that can help with digestive discomfort.
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup almond milk, soy milk or oat milk
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- ⅓ plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 banana
When you are on your period, you feel sloppy, sluggish and sometimes in pain. it is a must for you to treat yourself with good, but healthy and beneficial food! This salmon recipe is easy! But before you ask why salmon is good for you when you are on your period, here it is. Salmon is high in omega-3 fatty acids that is very good for a lot of health issues. Omega-3s have been proven to lower both emotional and physical symptoms of PMS. It also helps aid period discomfort.
- 4 Salmon Fillet
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ tsp salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon finely grind black pepper
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp dried thyme, parsely, oregano and basil
- 1 medium lemon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and grease a large baking pan. Arrange salmon fillets on the baking sheet and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Stir together olive oil, garlic, herbs, and juice of 1/2 lemon. Spoon over salmon fillets being sure to rub all over the tops and sides of the salmon so it has no dry spots. Thinly slice remaining 1/2 of lemon and top each piece of salmon with a slice of lemon.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until the salmon is opaque and flaky when pulled apart with a fork. You can broil the last 1-2 minutes if desired.
- Garnish with fresh thyme or parsley if desired and serve.
5 recipes for period cramps, BLOAT, & Fatigue: The Fornix: Flex. The Fornix | Flex®. (2021, June 6).
https://blog.flexfits.com/5-recipes-for-your-period/ Tiffany, A., Author: Tiffany, there, M. the A. T. H., Tiffany, M. the A., says:, S., Sahar, says:, T., says:, R. M., Miramontes, R., says:, K., Kim, says:, M. R., & Rivera, M. (2021, July 4). Best oven baked salmon. Creme De La Crumb. https://www.lecremedelacrumb.com/best-easy-healthy-baked-salmon/.