Are you Irregular or Regular?
If you’ve just gotten your period, the first 48 months is usually irregular. This means you may not follow the usual 28 day cycle because your body is still adjusting to the hormonal changes.
According to doctors, 2 out of 3 girls develop a pattern after these 48 months. However, missed periods or erratic cycles may be cause by a multiple number of factors such as, stress, diet or even physical exercise.
There are also other things to look out for, to be sure about your feminine health see a doctor when you experience the following:
- Experience very heavy flow that forces you to change every two hours.
- Experience cramps longer than a day that seems unrelated to your menstrual period.
- Are sexually active and have missed a period.
- Have a period that lasts longer than 7 days.
- Miss your period for more than 3 months.
- Are at your mid-teens and have not yet gotten your menstrual period.